Be the leader of gameplay programming team (Leads, Tech Leads and programmers), within a collaborative multidiscipline and multicultural teams on AAA game.
Direct Reports : Gameplay Team Leads, Tech Leads and gameplay programmers of all experience levels
Leadership Responsibilities :
- Be the main technical contact point for our direction team (producing, creative & game, technical direction) on any related technical gameplay consideration.
- Build and organize an effective team to ensure it is fully resourced, a manageable size and a good mix of levels and foster the team player culture;
- Plan, priorities and set inspiring objectives for your team members all year long;
- Empower your team members with clear expectations and hold them accountable for their key results;
- Enable your team members to reflect and prepare their future in their role and at Ubisoft;
- Engage and positively influence team members and stakeholders around a vision;
- Navigate through ambiguity and embrace change with a positive mindset;
- Create the environment for initiatives and ideas to emerge and grow;
- Care about team: be exemplary and supportive;
- Communicate with impact and promote an open dialogue within your team.
- Accountable in delivering our gameplay features (timing, quality, tech debt, …)
- Work with production, engineers, and team leads to create task estimates and schedules for the engineering team and track development efforts across the team;
- Ensure the delivery of practical and timely solutions by the engineering team that meets the game design and technical requirements;
- Continually review the game and development processes to identify potential improvements;
Skills and Knowledge
- Able to create, manage and track schedules for a large and multisite team of engineers;
- High level knowledge of most areas of game mechanisms development (Game systems, AI, Control, Camera, Animation, UI, audio, …);
- Strong capacity to translate game design or creative intentions into game play technical solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of at least one game engine (commercial or in-house)
- Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic;
- Excellent oral and written communication and general soft skills;
- Proven experience managing and leading gameplay programmers & leads;
- Several years’ experience of shipping AAA games;
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
At Ubisoft Annecy, we are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Position available as soon as possible in Annecy !
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.