Your main responsabilities are :
- Collaborate with the whole tech department to ensure consistent technical architecture and high level of code quality across the project
- Ownership of a set of gameplay features and modules
- Lead overall development of the related systems.
- Identify and deliver mechanisms to deliver scalable, systemic gameplay.
- Identify and promote features that can support the game post-launch.
- Liaise with designers and gameplay programmers and drive the collaboration between designers, gameplay programmers and engine programmers.
- Work with PMs and POs from each scrum team to validate technically feature requests.
- Support teams in developing features that are multiplayer and online ready.
- Help mentor and coach junior team members.
- Help monitor performance and identify when her/his team needs to take action to improve it.
- Act as an advocate and knowledge source for multiplayer related topics for the gameplay programming team.
Skills and Knowledge
- Significant knowledge and experience with existing and cutting-edge AI technologies (e.g. path-finding, behavior trees, planning, character controllers, machine learning)
- Extensive knowledge of low-level C/C++ programming and debugging;
- Deep understanding of software performance considerations, with ability to design and implement well performance systems/features
- Proven ability to analyze unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand, extend, refactor and optimize an existing module
- Proven ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity, including memory related issues, multi-threading, and assembly level debugging
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Results driven
- Experience with Client/Server architecture
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of experience programming for video games or related disciplines
- Relevant experience working on AAA titles, current and next-gen consoles
- Shipped AAA titles on consoles is considered a plus
Position available as soon as possible in Annecy!
Please submit a CV and all personal/professional work or portfolio website.
At Ubisoft Annecy, we are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.