With a focus on Mobility, Operational Excellence, Value to our Customers and the Electrification of vehicles, you can expect to be part of something exciting.
From the sleek design of our vehicles to the unique opportunities we offer around the globe, Nissan exemplifies ingenuity in everything we do.
Our people are what drive the business forward.
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Technologist to join our team in Canton, MS .
POSITION DESCRIPTION : Job Functions
Supports the maintenance manufacturing departments by providing a lead support role in troubleshooting during equipment breakdown activities.
Assists the maintenance shift supervisor with equipment breakdown countermeasures and tracking. Leads the technician skill-
up activity for their shift. Leads assigned project work from design to completion. Coordinates job planning and improvement processes to the equipment and production efficiency improvements.
Occasional travel to equipment vendors. Communicates and interacts with all areas to resolve issues and to improve all related KPI’s.
Contributes to building brand value and achieving enduring profitable growth.
The following job function statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
The job function statements reflect expectations of the fully trained, proficient incumbent who meets all performance criteria.
1. Troubleshoots systemic issues within the plant and effects maintainable countermeasures.
2. Leads technician training for their respective shift. Assists the supervisor in assessing skill level of the technicians, and coordinates with the supervisor training regimens based upon those observations.
3. Recommends and makes improvements to maintenance systems, processes, and work flow. Seeks technician involvement for problem solving and needed shop improvement ideas.
Actively engages the entire workforce in the problem solving process.
4. Assists the technicians within the plant during breakdown activities.
5. Communicates with suppliers and vendors regularly. Orders necessary shop materials utilizing all necessary processes and resources.
6. Coordinates feasibility studies and evaluations of manufacturing and engineering concerns.
7. As necessary, performs other related duties of which the above are representative.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS : Minimum Qualifications
The following qualification statements reflect the minimum skills and abilities required of the qualified applicant.
1. Job Knowledge and Skill : Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Industrial maintenance background required.
Knowledge of PLC’s, robotics, hydraulics, pneumatics and, strong troubleshooting ability in these areas.
2. Experience : Minimum three to five years of related industrial maintenance experience.
3. Education : Technical school and / or maintenance apprenticeship required. Consider equivalent related college or technical courses.
4. Computer Skills : Working knowledge of spreadsheet applications, other PC applications, or mainframe applications to produce non-
standard, creative products.
Welcome to an open lane of possibility. Drive your career forward and join the company leading the technology and business evolution of the automotive industry by applying today.
All of us at Nissan regardless of functional area or expertise share a passion to design, manufacture, and sell high-performance vehicles.
It is Nissan’s policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, gender, military status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to provide proof of employment eligibility at the time of hire.
Canton Mississippi United States of America