Company : ABB FranceDivision : Industrial AutomationLocation : Industrial Automation, Oil&Gas, Cellier Activity, Aix-les-
BainsDepartment : Supply Chain ManagementService : Supply Chain Management Oil & GasReporting to : LBU Supply Chain Manager
Tasks : Mission Statement :
Mission Statement :
Purchase materials according to required technical specification, price, delivery schedule and terms. Ensure the
purchasing activities align with Group SCM policies and procedures for an approx. 10 MUSD yearly portfolio.
Develop and implement Supply Chain management plans focused on optimizing costs, quality, and reliability of
suppliers and supplied products for the Global Commodities among Oil & Gas direct purchasing scope, especially :
o Subcontracting Work
o Engineering / On-site construction for EPC projects
1. Sourcing Strategy : Implements effective Sourcing Strategies in line with business strategy ensuring that
suppliers have the capability and capacity to meet current and future business requirements. Ensures all relevant
parties understand strategies and execute processes accordingly.
2. Procurement : Manages planning and tracking of procurement activities, cost budgets, emerging country
spending and saving forecasts. Minimizes risk regarding Quality and Financial exposure by buying in accordance
with Quality and Commercial procedures and in accordance with company guidelines.
3. Negotiations : Negotiates agreements with main suppliers, and periodically renews pricelists, terms and
4. Contracts : Adapts corporate contractual framework to the local business needs. Recommends Frame
Agreements and execute upon approval. Provides ongoing oversight and contract management with suppliers.
5. Supplier Agreements : Ensures identification, investigation, and selection of appropriate suppliers (focusing on
Quality and Sustainability) in accordance with ABB SCM Policies. Provides and maintains standard terms in
purchase contracts / Terms and Conditions in line with ABB SCM directives and guidelines.
6. Supply Chain Strategy : Designs and Implements cost-out programs and / or processes to reach financial targets.
This can be developed either on large projects or on the Global Commodities.
7. Sales Support : Supports Bid and proposal teams by providing relevant market information, analyzes and
evaluates bids in order to determine the optimal value and assure a regular Technology and Strategy Intelligence.
8. Supplier Qualification : Audit the suppliers and oversees supplier performance (on-time delivery, delivery
quality, lead time), and resolves performance issues in order to select the best suppliers for a sustainable
9. Purchasing Tools : Responsible for updating the SCM Portal and using the ABB Supply Chain tools (RFQ management,
10. Process Alignment : Conducts all Supply Chain activities for all goods and services in accordance with policies
and procedures (SOX, Conflict Minerals, etc.)
Requirements : Education :
Master’s degree in business, Supply Chain Management
Knowledge, Skills and Experience :
5 to 10 year experience in industrial environment
Advanced skills in complex / conflictual negotiations and purchasing strategy
Good knowledge in Transport & Logistic (incoterms, customs, insurance, payment terms)
Required competencies : autonomy, adaptability, social skills , réactivity, leadership, rigourous and methodic behavior,
interested in industrial technologies
Fluent english + French is a must
Skilled in ERP management (SAP preferably)
Basic knowledge of Lean Manufacturing