As a Lead Online Programmer, your job is to lead our passionate team of experienced online programmers working on online multiplayer and online services in our multi-platform console and PC game projects. You will work closely both with gameplay and engine teams to create great online experiences fulfilling our ambitious visions.
• Leading a team of online programmers
• Taking care of the immediate project needs but not forgetting the longer-term development of the team and its individual members
• Gathering and negotiating requirements for features
• Taking part in technical design and documentation of the online features
• Planning, estimating and delegating the tasks to the team
• Taking part on implementing the online features related to online multiplayer and/or online services
• Proven team leading skills
• Released console and/or PC games
• Online programming experience, for online MP and/or other online functionality
• Solid programming and code architecture skills, especially in C++
• Commitment to code quality, documentation and testing procedures
• Passion for games and interest in the games industry
• Degree in computer science or software engineering or equivalent
• Proactive attitude and strong self-organization skills
• Multiplatform development experience
• Server and database programming experience
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
At Ubisoft Annecy, we are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Position available as soon as possible in Annecy !
Please submit a CV and all personal/professional work or portfolio website
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.