Team and scope
Based in Paris and working with studios and teams all over the world, the Web Services Team is an online solutions provider that brings new concepts, services, and tools to life for all Ubisoft productions. Our diverse and technical expertise enables us to conceptualize, build, support, and operate products and services for Ubisoft’s worldwide Production and Business teams. We provide expertise in Product Management, UI/UX Design, Development, Infrastructure, Integration and Support to help overcome challenges and deliver with passion and commitment to help teams accomplish their goals online.
Reporting to the Associate Director of the department, you will specifically be integrated in the Product Management Team, that is responsible for the conceptualization, delivery and management of those solutions as well as devising the vision and strategy for each product.
You will be leading and managing a team of 4 to 5 Project Managers with a portfolio of internal and external web-based products. These projects deliver content and features to our players, business, and production studios worldwide. In partnership with production and business teams, your team will work closely with product owners, development, design and testing teams to integrate highly visible and consumed digital content that will drive engagement and acquisition.
- Define with your team the vision and strategy for the portfolio of projects you will be overseeing;
- Analyze business needs & opportunities to provide value to Ubisoft and our players;
- Oversee conception, design, planning, execution, delivery, management of the evolution of the solutions you will have in your portfolio;
- Focus on the big picture, and keep in mind the user and user experience, to define the roadmap in early stages or to pivot when needed;
- Work closely with projects sponsors and stakeholders across the company, make sure communication channels are efficient;
- Build confidence and trust in early conceptual steps through leadership and embracing “a go to expert“ role during brainstorming, cross-referencing, visual logic diagramming sessions etc
- Manage and develop a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities;
- Work with other program managers to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects within the department;
- Having graduated from engineering school or equivalent, you have minimum 8 years of experience in the management of web applications and services development on a global scale, where you were autonomous in driving project plans, and ensuring successful delivery of outcomes.
- Your previous experience should display an ability to coordinate, in English, multiple complex projects involving teams of differing cultures, and for which your strong inter-personal skills and critical thinking made the difference.
- A first experience in people management is mandatory.
- A strong interest in video games is a plus, while a strong knowledge of web technologies is essential.
- Excellent written and verbal English are required.
- Have strong experience in Agile process and principles or certifications in agile development and management (e.g. Certified Product Owner) .
- Collaborative, proactive, result-oriented and customer/end-user focus.
En tant qu’employeur, Ubisoft offre à tous les mêmes opportunités d’accès à l’emploi sans distinction de genre, ethnicité, religion, orientation sexuelle, statut social, handicap et d’âge. Ubisoft veille à développer un environnement de travail inclusif qui reflète la diversité de sa communauté de joueurs dans ses équipes.