ACCOUNT MANAGER Virtual-based office, with travel.
This high visibility position is responsible for representing the organization to customers and to the marketplace for our product.
This is accomplished through promotion and education, communication and servicing the customer’s needs.
1. Maintain effective face to face customer contact with designated customers.
2. Develop and maintain customer profiles for all major accounts.
3. Quickly respond to customer inquiries and resolve issues, including RFQs, delivery questions, change requests, expediting orders, and assist in returns / complaints.
4. Meet the goal and objectives for increasing penetration to new and assign accounts.
5. Negotiate, propose and manage to price for both new projects and active customer business.
6. Participate in contract reviews.
7. Maintain effective communication with all departments with the goal of meeting the customer need on time and within budget.
8. Will do sales forecasting.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Supervision The incumbent reports to the Sales & Marketing Manager. After the initial orientation, the incumbent will be given general direction but will be expected to perform duties and responsibilities independently.
Budget / Accountability The incumbent is expected to manage company resources responsibly, especially travel and customer entertainment guidelines.
Human Resources impact This position is not responsible for supervising any positions.
Internal Contacts Regular contact with Engineering, Quality and Production departments
External Contacts Constant contact with customers through email, phone, and on-site visits. Frequent overnight travel 25-40%, both domestic and international.
Required Experience : 3 to 5 years
Knowledge of sales methods and techniques. Superior verbal, written, and listening skills. Product and manufacturing operation knowledge are crucial.
Market knowledge of customers / products is important. Must be able to self-direct with little need of supervision while working under pressure, within a budget and meeting deadlines.
Project management skills, maintaining accurate records and good attention to detail skills are needed. Must have negotiating skills.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements Bachelor’s degree (or Associate’s degree with a minimum of 5 years experience) with 3-5 years account management experience.
Preferred Qualifications A Bachelor’s degree with 5-10 years of sales account management experience working in the automotive industry selling a technical product.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
1. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machineries, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer
2. The constant need for the accurate exchange of information through the phone, computer, and in-person
3. Must be able to participate in approximately 40% overnight travel.
4. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for over 75% of the day
5. Occasionally moves safely about the building to conduct business
6. Occasionally must wear common protective or safety equipment ANSI Z87.1 2003 standard safety glasses are required in the plant.
Degree Level Required : Other
Intermediate Outlook, Intermediate Word, Intermediate Excel, Intermediate PowerPoint